Tuesday 3 July 2018

Royal Highland Show 2018 - Showjumping and Sunburn!

The showjumping was due to begin in the main ring, so we loitered around the big collecting ring for a little while, taking in the competitors warming up. 

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring
 
It was at this point that I started to feel my forehead burning, and took shelter under one of the trees. I thought I had some cream in my bag left over from our holiday, but alas, I didn't, and stupidly thought I'd be ok without it. Oh how wrong I was! Though I didn't know it then, I was in for a world of pain when I got home, so I urge you all to please make sure you have sunscreen with you when you go out to shows as even half an hour's exposure can be bad and I was out there for hours!

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

 After all the whizzy ponies racing about, seeing the 'big boys' jumping was something else entirely!

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

This fleece adorned pair were doing really well until the horse pulled in a massive nope at one fence.

Showjumping

Showjumping

They circled around...

Showjumping

Showjumping

...and cleared it!

Showjumping

Showjumping

...only to reconsider at the super spooky cow themed fence, which put quite a few combinations off!

Showjumping

ShowjumpingShowjumping

ShowjumpingShowjumping

Sadly that was it for them, and they trotted out, dejected.

Showjumping

Showjumping

Big jump! O_O

Showjumping

Showjumping


Sorry for the distinct lack of decent commentary but it's horribly hot and muggy here right now, I hoped to get all this posted a week ago and I have next to no motivation left. XD

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

This one put in a fabulous effort over this fence but sadly knocked the poles on the landing.

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

Showjumping

The bigger jumps and larger horses were good to watch but nothing beats tiny ponies as far as I'm concerned!

Next up...COBS!

...and just in case you didn't grasp just how nasty my sunburn was..well... 

On my way back to the bus I noticed how red my arm was...

Royal Highland Show

...then once I got home and took my glasses off...

Royal Highland Show

Royal Highland Show

Royal Highland Show

I done fucked up. 😭

It was incredibly hot and painful for days afterwards, regardless of how often I was constantly applying cold compresses and all the moisturiser and aloe vera I could find, and now almost a fortnight later it's still visible, though thankfully not red or painful any more! 

Lesson very much learned!


No comments:

Post a Comment