Thursday 4 May 2017

An interlude...

I've got lots to post about in the next week or so (some scenic scenery and a sneaky behind the scenes look at the newly relaunched Magpie Model Horses!) but I haven't uploaded all my photos yet so you'll just have to put up with this instead; another brief look into the daily goings on at Max and Juno's place...

Max  . .#dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll #maxandjuno #dollsofinstagram #doll #gaydolls #gaybarbiedoll #dollswithtattoos #ba


Desk . #dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #dollshouse #dollhouse #roombox #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll

The living room . .#dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #dollshouse #dollhouse #roombox #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll

I made one of those fancy reclaimed wire spool tables that's all over Pinterest from a cardboard tube, some scrap balsa wood and more of the wood effect wallpaper. The delightfully carved wooden zebra by the stove was a lucky charity shop find by my dad - I've trained him well, he now actively searches for horse shaped objects for me!

As I knew the real flowers I'd used for my Easter photo session wouldn't last, I rummaged through my bag of plastic planty bits and dug out a couple of tiny terracotta plant pots I'd bought at a recent craft fair. The soil is just a chunk of blue foam to pad it out, then covered in a liberal dollop of PVA glue and dried coffee and tea grounds.

πŸŒ±πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒ» . #dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #miniatures #dollshouseminiatures  #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll

The anglepoise lamp on the desk was a £4 bargain from Flying Tiger Copenhagen, and is completely poseable as well as fully operational, which comes in very handy when Juno feels the urge to draw late at night...

Burning the midnight oil. . .#dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll #maxandjuno #dollsofinstagram #doll #dollswithtattoos #barbie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! I am Very Impressed by your re-claimed wire spool coffee table! My sister in law had one when she was first married and being the self-titled "rebel" of her family, she outfitted her entire home with cast offs and recycled pieces LONG before it became fashionable to do so.
    Yours look Spot On, but then again, so does the entire flat! It looks Lived in and loved for its rustic qualities, i.e. the mantle, the peeling brick and painted plank wall as well as for all of the cosy creature comforts it offers.
    BEautiful Work -
    As Usual♡ :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely sounds like a trendsetter!
      Haha, my mum keeps telling me they need to call a decorator to 'fix those horrible old walls' XD

      Delete
  2. That spool coffee table is excellent. You're like me - I have all of my family saving/finding scraps of metal, wood and plastic just in case I can make something miniature out of it :0D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely blame my mum for that, she's been doing it far longer than I have, though she finds it easier to throw things out - I hate doing it; what if it comes in handy?!

      Delete
  3. I just love Max and Juno's place! You did an excellent job on the re-claimed wire spool coffee table! As I look closely at the details in this room, it is obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into it! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D If it were a permanent setup instead of a flatpacked thing I'm sure I'd have filled it with even more stuff! XD

      Delete