It started off ok but gradually, the more I worked on it, the less happy I became.
As was pointed out to me in my last post about it, the cheeks were off, as was most of the anatomy and especially the eyes so I made a point of adjusting them first.
(and yes, those are pistachio nut casings standing in for ears, lol)
I reshaped the mouth as it wasn't nearly goaty enough and refined the eyelids more, as well as making him some better ears.
Although I liked the way he looked now, he just wasn't quite right. He looked far more like a deer than a goat and that wasn't what I wanted. Certainly, I wanted a deer-like influence but not that much!
People in the class reckoned he looked like a Llama from the front too. XD
I got myself really quite frustrated as it seemed like no matter what I did, it just wasn't saying 'unicorn' to me.
I really liked the profile of the goat as it fitted in with the tapestry Unicorns but my sculpture didn't look much like either!
Then it hit me.
The nose was too roman!
I altered the positioning of the ears as well and then set to work on the horn. I may broaden it a little tomorrow and tweak the texturing a bit as it doesn't look like the horn of a goat or indeed, the antler of a deer - more akin to an antelope.
I ran out of time to finish his mane but this is how he looked as I left him this afternoon.
I'm really, really pleased and I'm going to see if I can possibly cast him if I have time as I'd really love to have him on the wall above my desk and as it's plasticine I can't bake it or cure it in any way.
Here's to further progress!