Tuesday 11 September 2018

Sew Many New Clothes!

Max, Juno and Baxter

(and sew many sewing puns! ๐Ÿ˜œ)

I've been lax as usual in posting to this blog but I've certainly been busy!

Max and Juno have been out and about rather a lot recently and are due to do so again tomorrow when I set off down to the Cotswolds to stay with friends and attend the Julip Live at the weekend!
In the meantime, here's a few new additions to the girl's wardrobes.


Juno got a new dress using the pattern I created for the one in the previous post, though this time I gave it sleeves and used some really nice fabric I'd been hoarding for such an outfit. I absolutely love it!

Juno

Max, Juno and Baxter

A mustard coloured cardigan for Juno has been on my to-sew list for months as well, so when I spotted a child’s jumper the perfect shade of yellow in a charity shop recently I knew it was meant to be! I totally fudged the neckline several times and had to rip out my stitches twice and start again but I’m pretty pleased with the final result - it even has POCKETS!
The buttons are purely decorative and are a little big but they were the only ones I had that were even vaguely in scale so they’ll do for now.

Juno’s cardigan

Juno’s cardigan

Juno’s cardigan

It has such a warm autumnal feel and I can't wait for all the leaves to turn so I can get even more photos of her out enjoying nature!

Juno

Juno

Juno


I always feel bad for Max as Juno tends to be treated to far more exciting outfits!

Max

I've been making up batches of tank tops and t-shirts as they're easy to make, and have been experimenting with rubber stamps and 'stazon' ink to add logos and text without the need for any transfer paper which I always find really awkward to use.

Max

Max

Max and Juno

As my mum and I have been trying to lose weight in the last year (I'm down 3 stone thus far!) we've found that a lot of our old clothes are now way too big, so any that were too far gone to donate to the charity shop I've cut up and scavenged the fabric. I've already got heaps of denim from old jeans, but this stuff was more denim-like and stretchy, so it was the perfect material to use for doll ones.

New clothes!

New clothes!

New clothes!

I made another pair without pockets so I could attempt some distressing, but unfortunately as it isn't real denim it just frays and falls apart which wasn't quite the look I was going for!

Juno soon fell heir to them, as well as yet another jumper because apparently she can never have too many of those.

Max and Juno

Max and Juno

I found the socks it was made from in Tesco, reduced down to £1.50 and well, it has cats on it, taco cats no less! It was perfect for a Juno Jumper!

Max and Juno

Max and Juno

I've got lots of plans for these two over the autumn - I'm working on another couple of room sets so fingers crossed you'll be able to see them soon! 

For now, I leave you with a few random photos of them all from the last few weeks as I have to be up at 6:30 at the latest tomorrow so I can catch an early train south. RIP me. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Max and Juno

Max and Juno


 Baxter managed to find a new favourite stick whilst they were out...

Baxter

Baxter

3 comments:

  1. If you want to retry fraying your blue jeans, try putting clear nailpolish or some sort of flexible glue on the back to hold the fabric together and then use a nail file on the front. That might work. It'll probably require some experimentation though depending on the what you decide to use as your fixative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the clothes are really cute! I don't think the buttons on the yellow cardigan are too big because it is a bulky knit and the larger buttons look good on it! Congrats on your weight loss! I looked up the conversion for "stones" to pounds and it is 1 stone = 14 pounds! That is a lot of weight. You go girl! I am also trying to lose weight too an so far have lost a little over 10 pounds, which would be just under 1 stone. You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is amazing. I especially love the sweet dog.

    ReplyDelete