Saturday 1 October 2016

An unfortunate abscence

I've been a very quiet blogger recently and unfortunately will remain so for a while. It's not like I have a lack of things to blog about, in fact it's the opposite! I went on a wonderful and extremely photogenic holiday in the Highlands last month, I've done some doll customs, made some new minis and all sorts of other things, all of which I'm super excited to share with you all...but there's a problem.

My computer died last month.

It had been acting up for a while, but finally became impossible to use when the desktop wouldn't load and the system got caught in an endless loop of dialogue boxes opening and closing. We took it to our local computer techs who pronounced it, and said to take it back to John Lewis, where we bought it, for repairs as it was still under warranty. Only problem is, John Lewis wouldn't take it until the drives had been wiped because of security regulations, so it had to go back to the techs to copy the drives and wipe the PC, then back to John Lewis...who then said it was so problematic they were going to have to send it back to the manufacturers!

Arghhhhhh.

I only have a PC, (I don't like laptops) so at the moment my only connection to the Internet is through my iPhone, which is fine for the most part but there are certain sites it doesn't get on with, and Flickr is one of them, so although I can upload my photos to it, I can't copy the img codes for posting on here or on forums!

I'll be away for most of October so even if by some miracle the computer gets fixed in the next week or two, I won't be able to do anything about it so it's super frustrating!

I've become much more active on Instagram as a result, as its one of the few places I can actually do something with my photos, so if you want to see what I've been up to recently, or just ogle some shiny scenery, I can be found here!

https://www.instagram.com/lynkhart/

Hopefully I'll have a functional PC soon - I certainly hope so anyway, I'm getting withdrawals!

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling... My laptop is probably giving in any day now... Hopefully your computer will be fixed soon, I can't wait to see your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know all about computer issues.

    I decided to replace my 8 or 9 year old Vista last September and thought the replacement was great until it started to constantly Blue Screen reboot. It was from an Amazon 3rd party seller who I couldn't work out how to contact and I thought it'll be cheaper to buy a new one so I did, from Argos this time in April.

    Fast forward 6 months and the other week that one died, it just made a knocking noise and wouldn't turn on or it would turn part of the way on and then freeze. It'd been displaying a CPU fan failure error message for a little while so it was probably that. Rang Argos and they replaced it same day - with a different one as they'd stopped doing the other one. The old was a Lenovo the new is HP. It's half the hard drive 1TB as opposed to 2TB but so far it seems to be working much smoother. A website that ran really slow and laggy before now works great.

    I hope you manage to get yours sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine! I had my laptop in for repairs for nearly 2 weeks! The first 2 days felt like I was going through a substance withdrawal! YIKES! I never realized how ADDICTED I had become to the internet. It felt like a physical loss!
    The up-side is that my house got cleaned, books got read, the garden was finally attended to, and I re-learned how to go to bed early!

    So all I'll say is this- ENJOY your FREEDOM while you can! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your computer troubles, I hope it gets sorted out, fixed, and returned to you soon! :) I'm extremely fortunate that my hubby is great at fixing pretty much everything - electrical, and mechanical, cars, computers, you name it. In fact just last night he went and picked up a co-worker's laptop that is "dead", to fix for them. He's a handy guy to have around. ;) I just followed you on Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete