Monday 22 June 2015

Royal Highland Show 2015 - Part 4 - Sidesaddle and Misc Horses

I'd seen a sidesaddle class here only once before, and my photographs didn't turn out particularly well as the weather was foul. This year my pics weren't much better as the light kept changing and I was constantly readjusting my white balance, but never mind.

Collecting Ring




The first we spotted them was en route to the showjumping but at the sight of this absolutely stunning gelding, all thoughts of jumping were extinguished.

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

(and for the painters, here's some good dapple reference. :P)

Collecting RingCollecting Ring


Collecting Ring

There were others in the class of course...

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Sidesaddle

...but nothing really grabbed me like that grey!

Sidesaddle

I'm not too sure why he's parking out here but he looks very Saddlebreddy when he does it!

Sidesaddle


Now for the 'Miscellaneous Horses' part - aka horses that weren't in a class and were warming up in the collecting ring. :P

We'll start with this horse spooking at a bucket (?)

Collecting RingCollecting RingCollecting Ring

Collecting Ring
This is horse for NOPE


XD She was warming up for the showjumping later on and I'm not entirely sure what it was that she took a disliking to but it was really funny.

Another showjumper warming up...

Collecting Ring
I wish I'd managed to get the rider's head in - just look at that smile!

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

I really liked this wild bay too - you don't see nearly enough of them around!

Collecting Ring

Perhaps it wasn't a bucket that was so scary after all, as this one had a bit of a spook there too.

Collecting Ring

I couldn't help but notice the big sabino spot on the belly - unusual to see such a large marking with so little white elsewhere on the body. I didn't get a shot of her head but I think she only had a star.

Collecting Ring

*makes grabby hands at*

I want ALL THE CHUNKY HUNTERS

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Pony!

Collecting Ring

I had a massive double-take when I saw this pony in the distance as it looked like it had some kind of weird roaning or brindle on its front. I snapped a pic and zoomed in and discovered it was just a snuggy hood. XD

Gold star to the girl on the right for wearing matching leggings, though I wish she'd have stood at his shoulder...

Showjumping Talentseekers


Sidesaddle over, next stop, Showjumping!








No comments:

Post a Comment