I got a new Julip the other day, a lovely little skewbald pony I named Danny. He was second-hand from another collector, and after rehairing him and doing a couple of little touchups in acrylic, I set about making him some tack.
First and foremost, he got a headcollar in forest green and burgundy, with a matching leadrope.
Then, a co-ordinating tack set. The saddle is a little big for him so I may make him another and give this one to somebody else at a later date.
I don't think I ever introduced one of my newer child riders, so here's Gavin, Danny's new owner.
His hands, feet and head are made from painted Super Sculpey and his body is primarily comprised of pipecleaners. He was going to have actual hair but I thought it actually suited him just painted on, like it was really closely cropped. His legs are a bit too skinny but never mind. XD
Speaking of child riders, does anyone remember this monstrosity?
That's Fiona, or 'Fi'. I made her years ago when my sculpting skill was, well, less than skilled. (I apparently didn't believe in the existence of eyelids either.)
I've been meaning to redo her and when I discovered that one of her arms had snapped off the other day it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Her legs were still ok so I kept them and her head, although some creative sanding and repainting seems to have done her a world of good. Gone are the terrifying and grossly protruding eyes! She got new arms and a much nicer top, this time made from fleece rather than felt. She's still not brilliant, but I can at least look at her now without cringing.
Something else that got a bit of a makeover was Tegan's tack. She's never had a decent saddle of her own and was always having to borrow everyone else's so I thought it was about time she had one.
I used elastic for the stirrup leathers for a change, and to save on having to shorten/lengthen the leathers when only a little adjustment is required. It's still obviously elastic but I think it gets away with it if you try to imagine them as being made of webbing or something in full scale.
As her bridle was good I left it as it was, but I added in a new browband as her old one was just a section of ribbon which looked a bit naff.
I really should have taken a photo of the saddle pad by itself as it's made from felt and a rather nice green and gold patterned fabric.