Sunday 22 June 2014

Royal Highland Show 2014 - Part 4 - Pure & Partbred Arabs

I took millions of photos as usual, all of which can be found here. As ever, feel free to take and use as reference, just remember to credit!

----------------------------

While big hairy cobs and fuzzy ponies will always be my favourite, there is just something about a nicely turned out partbred Arab that never fails to impress me.

Partbred & Purebred Arab

I really need to recreate those browbands for some of my models...

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

I think I remember this one from last year - I love that little bit of roaned mapping around the patch on her quarters.

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

I'm no expert on Arabian showing and call me biased, but I greatly prefer the way they are shown over here to what you often see over the pond, where half the horses seem to be wearing ten foot hair extensions with glitz and glitter everywhere. XD

Partbred & Purebred Arab

As gorgeous as this horse is, I can't help feeling that the white girth was a poor choice as it is a bit distracting.

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

This one was massive! Very dishy head too, although I don't like it as much as...

Partbred & Purebred Arab

...this one!

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Back to the partbreds!

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Oh to be a judge! I'd have thrown all the rosettes in this one's direction - absolutely stunning!

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Winners!

Partbred & Purebred Arab

I did a bit of photoshop tweaking on this one. :P

Partbred & Purebred Arab

Part 5 coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the awesome pictures and commentary! I had to comment on this one because I agree 110% about how Arabians are shown here in the US. It's so ridiculous and over-done. The horses in your pictures have Arabian elegance but they also look like they have brains and rideability. They are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think US shows as a rule tend to be more akin to beauty pageants than an objective judging of conformation and whether a horse is fit for purpose. :/ Arabians are supposed to be among the most practical of horses to ride anyway!

      Delete