Saturday 5 March 2011

Looseboxes galore!

Ever since I started designing my Julip yard I'd always wanted to do some proper old fashioned looseboxes with the cast iron bars along each wall. However, lack of space initially quashed that idea and I resigned myself to the fact that I'd probably just have to put up with what I had.

UNTIL NOW!


Guess what I've been making for the last two days? :P




Looseboxes

It's all made from balsa wood, cocktail sticks and bamboo kebab skewers. Although I did measure most of it out, it's still managed to end up wonky but never mind, it just adds to the charm. XD

Harper

The latches are all working (bought from a doll's house fair years ago) and the kickbolts at the bottom (cardboard with a pin for movement) also work. I reused some of the balsa from the previous incarnation of the looseboxes and I'm pleased to report that they look much nicer now.

Stables

Because they're all interchangable and 'flat packed' the individual sections can be moved about to create the illusion of multiple stalls on the other side...

Lisa and Kerry

Lisa and Kerry

Not bad for a couple of afternoons!

5 comments:

  1. DizzyLizzy9/3/11 7:19 pm

    Thats brill! =D i didn't think your old loose boxes could get any better, but they just have! I love the interchangeableness :) and hi-5 for having the same door bolts as me! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha snap! XD I'm so glad I got them when I did as we went to a doll's house fair the other day and the seller I'd bought them from originally didn't have any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally mindblowing stuff - can you get Julip sheep? They'd be a lot less messy than the real thing. It's just a thought with lambing looming and all that. First time I've visited your blog but it's quite amazing - another world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Caravanartist - nope, no Julip sheep but I have been toying with the idea of making some myself out of fimo and then hairing them with fleece or mohair as they'd come in rather handy for hacking scenes... ;) (and yes, much less hassle than the real deal!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the stables look very good. I totally love the little latches, too.

    ReplyDelete