Last time you saw this chap he was just an armature covered in tape but I started putting clay on last night and he's starting to look a little better. I'd originally planned for him to be a 1/16th scale Spanish type but he's swiftly morphing into a Julip scale Shetland. XD
He's just the right size for my smallest child rider too! (and as you can see, freestanding! Well...until he fell over from the extra weight on his back that is!)
This is just the first layer obviously and I'm sure there are loads of conformation issues I need to work out before I can get detailing but I'm quite pleased with him so far. I realised only after I'd put the ears on that I've sculpted him in more or less the same pose as Mr Vaskal. (Who is still being sanded by the way, he's got some very stubborn rough patches!)
My G3 Arab etchie is coming along rather nicely at the moment too. This is still only one side but he isn't taking as long as I thought he probably would.