Friday 11 February 2011

'Snuggy Hoods'

I was looking through one of my mangled old tack catalogues the other day, pondering over what to attempt to make next when I saw these. I'd always liked the idea of making one for a model but how to do it was another matter! Luckily I had some fluorescent yellow stretchy fabric in my supplies stash and some matching thread, so, the other night I started to make a rough pattern whilst watching repeats of Law and Order.

This, was the result. ;)

Harper's 'hoodie'

It was impossible to make it seamless like the real thing and I know the stitching is very crude here but for a first attempt it isn't all that bad...

Harper's 'hoodie'

Harper's 'hoodie'

Because the fabric is stretchy it can just be pulled over his head and does a great job of keeping his mane down which is normally a bit problematic as I haven't rehaired him yet and his synthetic hair is very err...rebellious to put it one way. XD

Harper's 'hoodie'

Harper's 'hoodie'

I made another which ended up being a little neat on Harper, so Magic the Magpie arab got to wear it instead. It's a little long on his face so I'll need to trim it a bit. This one was stitched up the face and down the neck instead of just around the throat.

Magic's 'hoodie'

Magic's 'hoodie'

I've still got plenty of stripey rainbow fabric left over from making Jazz's rug so I think I'll be making her's next.

3 comments:

  1. The shape is already very well, I think! I won't say anything about seams and stitches, as I am totally untalented with needle and thread, so I doubt I would have been able to create anything like that in that size. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture! Your models are all so cute! You are extremely talented and I love your sites! :D
    You have inspired me to start a realistic barn for my smaller models such as Schelich. I already created a barn for my breyers and now I need to do some work for the little guys!
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete