Thursday 3 February 2011

Schleich scale Arabian set

I originally planned on making a saddle to go with it but by the time I'd finished the bridle I was well and truly fed up of making tassels.

I'll admit, this was much harder than I'd expected and I can totally appreciate why really good sets sell for hundreds! I got a little carried away with the photos I'm afraid; Christine + macro lens + shiny black background + model = several hundred photos. XD


Breastcollar

Breastcollar

It's all sewn together, except for the fimo medallions which were glued on. The curb chain, which turned out to be the absolute perfect scale for this project, was at the bottom of my tack drawer, tangled up in a leadrope. It just goes to show...err...something. XD

Halter

Halter

Halter

One of my all time favourite customs - Zahrah - models the set. I know the noseband chain is too far up but as it took me over an hour just to get it attached to the cheekpieces and sitting properly in the first place, I really don't want to fiddle with it anymore!

Halter

Showing set

As I can't do fancy wide braids, both the halter and breastcollar are made of two seperate plaits stitched together.

 Showing set

I bought this very handy handler for £3 at Tescos when they were clearing out their toy section. Under the badly painted on beard it's actually Indiana Jones! I'll need to customise him more so he doesn't look quite so plasticky but doesn't he look like he's got potential?

Zahrah and handler

He's a wee bit tall for Zahrah so I might end up lopping his legs off and resculpting them - you can't see them under his robes anyway, he won't miss them...much.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! Tomorrow I'm going to spotlight to stock up on supplies. I had a purse that my Dad got me from Saudi Arabia but the zip broke and it's very old. I cut the material and it will help me to make a perfect saddle!
    I am making it for a schleich scaled model but I have just about every Schleich model BUT an arab! I will buy one soon.. ;)
    Excellent job by the way! I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Oooh, that sounds like an excellent bit of material to work with! :D

      Delete
  2. I love you stuff could you do a tutorial on how to make your rugs ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I actually have a rug tutorial on MHL, here...

      http://modelhorselove.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=help&action=display&thread=8346

      Delete
  3. This blog is briliant . Halter is the more beatiful :)

    ReplyDelete