Wednesday 13 December 2017

A Winter Wander

It's been pretty cold and frosty up here recently and so Max and Juno (and I!) took the opportunity to go for a wander...

image
They began with a short walk around Kinnordy Loch in Angus.

image

Everything was touched with a crunchy layer of exquisitely perfect ice crystals, including the gently twisting boardwalk paths that marked the walking route.

Kinnordy Loch

image

It was all very photogenic.

Kinnordy Loch

image

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

They stopped for a while in one of the wooden bird hides by the loch in the hope of seeing some wildlife, but it was far too cold and they didn't linger long! However, the windows of the hide were covered in an absolutely stunning array of ice crystals which just begged to be photographed!

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

Kinnordy Loch

Some fun may have been had just prior to leaving...

Kinnordy Loch

image

image

 After all that a quick coffee and warming up stop at Deja Brew was in order.

Max and Juno

Cassie and Carmen
Cassie and Carmen here have yet to be officially introduced
but you know what I'm like so it'll probably be some time next year lmao


Cosy jumpers just didn't cut it a week or two on though, when they visited a very frosty Loch Lomond, so the jacket and scarf combo were brought out instead.

image

image

image

The loch was incredibly still and the light absolutely beautiful.

image

image

image


image


image

Back home they took Baxter out for a brief walk.

image

image

image

image

Everything the frost touched gained its own unique charm and the photographical opportunities were numerous!

image

image

image

'It really is freezing out here isn't it?'

image

'Yeeeeppppp. We should probably go back inside before we end up crystallised ourselves!'

image

'Definitely! Hot chocolate might help too I reckon!'


Once back in their cosy home and fully thawed out, Juno could finally show off her latest outfit; a vintage inspired dress which is perhaps a little inappropriate for the current season without something warm on top!


image

image

image

 I used -this- pattern, with a couple of alterations and I really want to make it again as I learned a lot from sewing it and I know I can get the skirt part looking a lot less stiff and unnatural next time.

I did take Baxter with them on their little photoshoots but only used him once, so here he is again, literally chilling in my pocket until I needed him. XD

image

 (The last lot of outdoor photos were taken in my back garden, and it was pretty chilly so please excuse the lack of sartorial elegance - comfy loungewear and furry boots ftw! 😝)

7 comments:

  1. A lovely walk, the environment is beautiful. I love the outfits of the girls! Your dress is great, perfect for Christmas or New Year.
    Baxter is adorable! Where did you find him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3
      I didn't just acquire Baxter, I made him!

      http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/introducing-baxter.html

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm really in awe right now! The entry about Baxter was so great to read :-). The fact that he can pose and move his jaw is just awesome! And he's from a shelter, love it :-)! You are very talented!!!

      Delete
  2. I always like seeing Max and Juno. I love the photos of the ice crystals, especially the closeups of the ones on the window. Nature's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Me too, the fact they're all so unique makes them even more tempting to photograph!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love your photographs! The ice crystals are so beautiful. Your doll styling is amazing. Did you make their clothing too? I keep zooming in to check out the details of the jackets and shoes. I loved the pictures of Baxter's construction. At first I thought he was felted but constructed on an armature that is animated puts him WAY over the top. Thank you for that wonderful "peek behind the curtain". Can't wait to be introduced to Cassie and Carmen. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! :3

      Yeah, I made most of their clothes, with the exception of Juno's yellow jacket (vintage Sindy) and Max's trousers (they originally came with Juno lol) Cassie's furry jacket was a lucky Christmas decoration find, with a little extra tailoring so it wasn't quite so shapeless, lol. The shoes are all adapted from other doll brands.

      It's funny you should say animated; I'll probably be posting about this next but here's Baxter demonstrating his skills in stopmotion! https://instagram.com/p/BdIroEJnWaY/

      Delete