As per usual I've been procrastinating and although I've rather a lot to blog about, I kinda...haven't, so apologies for that!
One thing which has got me back in the mood for posting about things this week however is the lovely box of goodies I got in the post from Barbara/Willowisp on Blab as part of that forum's traditional 'Spring Swap'.
There was a very delicious selection of Reece's Pieces (of which very few now remain, om nom nom) and some Creme Eggs, which I must confess aren't my favourite, but I'm going to take them in with me when I do my volunteering on Thursday so they'll definitely find a good home at lunchtime!
The hanging wooden easter ornament is already up in our living room and I can't stop squishing the Peep bunny as it's just too cute! The fleece the ponies were wrapped in will come in very handy for Julip rugs too I think.
Oh and there were some horses too. :P
One of my favourite stablemate moulds is the G2 WB - I've got about 11 or 12 of them now I think, so I was kind of expecting one in the parcel as I'd listed it as a fave when I signed up for the swap. What I wasn't expecting however was that I'd get one so dramatically and beautifully altered!
You can't really see his feet properly in these pics thanks to the sand covering his base, but they've got such adorable little socks! Dark bays with minimal markings are right up my street so this was a very, very good combination.
For reference for those who aren't familiar with all the moulds, here's a repainted version without any resculpting...
I honestly just stared at him in my hand for a good minute after I freed him from all his wrappings, I was just stunned!
I knew he'd look incredible under saddle, so I had a rummage through my homemade tack sets but nothing really fitted him, until I remembered I had a tack set by the legendary Anna Helt of Dreamflite Design from early in her tackmaking career that I'd ordered to fit that very mould! It's so detailed and fiddly, I don't tend to get it out often as I'm so paranoid about breaking the minute strapwork but I thought it would be worth it on this occasion because he looks spectacular.
The reins are about five miles too long for him so they're all sticky-waxed out of the way behind his neck. XD
The only semi decent rider I had was an old Britains woman, who I intend to customise properly at some point.
He travelled with a very beautiful friend - I'd mentioned that peacock colours were among my favourites, so this chap was very much appreciated! He has such a glorious sheen to him and it was actually quite hard to capture on camera!
I've met my fair share of Peacocks over the years and he fits in very nicely!
For my side of the swap, I sent a selection of nomables and bunny shaped things to Isalrae,
...along with two customs...
The first, a rich bay on the G2 Saddlebred, done in pastels and a touch of eyeshadow for a subtle sheen.
While I'm not a huge fan of real Saddlebreds, I really love this mould, and I'm determined to make a twin of this one for myself as it was very hard to let him go!
The second was a decorator on the G2 Paso Fino mould. I tried a new technique for the flowers - it's all 100% nail polish, no stencils or stickers, and I'm really chuffed with how it turned out. I'm really bad for buying up yet more nail varnish I don't really need at the best of times, but the swaps have made this habit so much worse, as now I keep thinking 'oooh, that colour would look great on the G2 Shire/combined with a black crackle that one would make an awesome metallic brindle etc etc'
I have a problem. XD