Monday 22 June 2015

Royal Highland Show 2015 - Part 6 - Sheep, Cows and Everything Else!

I don't pretend to be an expert in cattle or sheep and usually I only spend a few minutes looking at them at the show but this time round, through Magda's influence, I had a much closer look than usual.

Sheep & Cattle


First, the sheep!

I didn't realise this one was tied up to a stand thing so it could be clipped but at first I thought it was posing like 'I'm fab-ewe-lous!'

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle
Those are clippers he's holding btw, not a knife!

This can't be a sheep, it must be the unholy lovechild of a cloud and a poodle.

Sheep & Cattle

These were my favourite sheep, hands down. They look like RABBITS.

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & CattleSheep & CattleSheep & Cattle

Now for the cows.

Sheep & Cattle

Highland Ponies are my favourite ponies and Highland Cows are likewise in the cattle department.

Sheep & Cattle

How can you not love these floofy beasties!?

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

This is them in SUMMER, just imagine what they look like in winter!

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

I'm *this* close to making a 1/12th scale version for my Julips to befriend, seriously.

There was a brilliant collection of sculptures for sale that I'd quite like to recreate in miniature if I had the space for them.

Sculpture

My second favourite breed is probably the Belted Galloway as they remind me so much of my annual holidays to the borders.

Sheep & Cattle

Plus, they're pretty fuzzy too.

Sheep & Cattle

I don't really like dairy breeds as they always look so skinny and deformed with their ridiculously oversized udders and horrible veins...

Sheep & Cattle

...but they are useful for mapping reference!

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

 The reverse dappling on this guy is incredible!

 Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

As we headed for the exit, we passed this gigantic bull being led away. He was so incredibly quiet that it really does make you question the general belief that all bulls are dangerous and unpredictable creatures. Obviously don't piss them off, as they probably will go for you then but this one was as docile as anything.

Sheep & Cattle

Sheep & Cattle

 I'd brought Agrimony the Julip Highland along in my bag, with the intention of photographing her next to some real ponies, but I forgot, so instead have a photo of her and I being judged by some random old man walking by. XD

Agrimony

To end my adventures at the show, I leave you with what greeted me when I sat down and went to get a bottle of water out of my bag at the end of the day.

Escapee!

To be fair, the hole has been there for months but the donkey trying to escape is a new one. :P

Oh and is this not the single most evil looking bird you've ever seen? Schleich can be scary.

Evil gull


1 comment:

  1. Superb photos Christine! They really are. They remind me of a similar show we have over here, Balmoral show, which I used to go to a lot.

    ReplyDelete