Thursday 23 August 2012

A couple of new props...

I should really be doing a massive ironing or putting on another load of washing or doing the hoovering but...


Photobucket




Anyway, I made these...

First up is a yard/bucket trolley thing I saw in one of my tack catalogues the other day and randomly decided my 1/12th scale yard needed. (The 'Requisite Manure Basket Trolley' available here if anyone's interested. ;))



I neglected to take many WIP photos but here's one at least.

Bucket trolley...thing
Bucket trolley...thing
I tweaked the design slightly to allow for separate handles at the back rather than an all in one thing simply because it was easier to make. The main structure is thick copper wire (liberated from my grandpa's garage, which is proving to be a gold mine as far as interesting materials are concerned!) and the hollow plastic  tubing used in cotton buds made for an excellent addition as these ones have a slight texture to them which looks quite nice.


I haven't a clue where the wheels came from but they'd been knocking around for years so I thought I'd put them to some use with this project. I mounted them onto the rest of the thing with superglue (after the axle was fed through a seperate bit of tubing so the wheels would still turn) and then painted it!
Please ignore the awful, awful state of the office here; it had been on my desk for weeks and had accumulated a rather large quantity of crap. XD

Here's the finished thing, complete with some sawdust from the stable bedding for extra accuracy, lol.

Bucket trolley...thing
Bucket trolley...thing
Bucket trolley...thing

I made these yesterday - the containers are just pritt stick lids and some plastic tubing cut to size with labels cut out of the aforementioned tack catalogue.

Supplements/shampoo

Hey, what's David reading?

1/12th scale 'Your Horse' magazine

 A magazine?

I'd noticed that many horse magazines often have little mini shots of their double paged articles on the first couple of pages as a sort of preview and, when combined with the obligatory front cover shot they nearly always have there...

1/12th scale 'Your Horse' magazine

1/12th scale 'Your Horse' magazine

Alas, I appear to have combined two entirely different magazines as the pages look more like Horse & Rider to me than Your Horse but oh well, no one's going to notice really. :P
The next one I make is going to have pages in better order as the articles don't actually match up here because of the way I stuck it together.

Now, I suppose I'll have to go off and do some actual work now.

EG out!

Photobucket



4 comments: